Monday 8 October 2012

Great things we've been doing lately...


Basketball Gala Day
On Wednesday 8th of August, the Grade 3’s and 4’s went to MSAC to play basketball. We shot, passed, dribbled, (not on our jackets) won and lost. One of our teams were in the grand final, but unfortunately we lost. We all had a great day! 

Breda’s Bees
“Buzzzzz…. AAAHHHH! Bees everywhere!” Jokes, Clinton’s cousin, Breda, came to our school earlier this term to talk about bees. We learnt that if a hive needs a new queen, the bee’s feed royal jelly to an egg and that egg produces a queen bee! Very interesting indeed! Thanks Clinton and Breda!

Paralympian Visit – Bryce Alman
“Whoo hoo!! Go Aussies!” We’re at the Olympics! Actually we’re in the classroom. But Bryce Alman, the Paralympic rugby player (also known as murderball) came to visit SKPS on Thursday the 30th of August. Bryce explained some stuff about his experiences in the Paralympics. He showed us some of his medals medals. Some of the students got to feel a real Paralympic medal, it was a fantastic experience to meet a real life Paralympic athlete.

Author Visit – Morris Glietzman
Morris Glietzman came to our school this term to talk about his life as a writer. He told us about how he became a writer, life as a kid and as most importantly the secret to starting a story. The secret is to start your story with a problem, this grabs the readers attention and makes the story exciting!

By Ari and Megan


3 comments:

  1. I am very impressed with all the wonderful things happening in 3/4B: sport, science and culture!
    School is certainly a very exciting place to be especially in Year 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Darlings!!!

    What a beautiful surprise I got when I openend your blog! The vibrancy of your page nearly blew me off my seat! I LOVE IT!!!!!

    I'll let you into a little secret. This is the very first blog I have ever seen and in fact even if I live to be 1,000 years old I don't think I could ever see a more colourful background. I also love the information that's been posted. You are have such a rich, exciting learning time in 3/4B. WOW!!!! Brilliant!!

    I want you to know that I am so incredibly proud of each and every one of you! You make my heart jump with joy. I look forward to reading the next entry on your blog!

    Love and hugs,
    Ms Higgins xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    PS I agree - 3/4B is 'The Place To Be!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful site and it's got great information, paricularly for us parents who are a little bit curious about what you all get up to during the day. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete